- Evaluate your budget - know what you want to spend for a down payment as well as monthly expenditures (i.e.: common charges and real estate taxes, mortgage payment, utilities, parking, etc)
- Obtain mortgage pre-approval
- Prioritize your needs - space, light, views, building amenities, etc.
- Identify your timeline for moving
- Explore different neighborhoods to identify your preferred needs
- Research schools in the selected neighborhood(s)
- Evaluate access to transportation in the selected neighborhood(s)
- Evaluate building amenities and house rules in terms of your needs (ie; washer/dryer permitted, gym in building, pet policy, storage facilities, etc.)